Revised: December 2018
By Sarah Owens and Michael Livingston
[Originally posted under the title, "MWHITF: Meeting 6 - Ticking the Boxes."]
|Task Force, staff and presenters outnumber the audience at the 6th mtg|
Absent: Bednarz, Bailey, Garton, Hays, Starr
Three recommendations we covered in a previous post, though two were reworded (again) between leaving the committee and reaching the Task Force. The other five are pasted below.
In plain English, this what the Task Force committed to at its sixth meeting:
1) "Advocate for" coordinating efforts to get money for area programs.
2) "Advocate for" more money from the state housing agency.
3) "Advocate for" a home-buyer tax credit.
4) "Endorse" the local CCO's efforts to get more people into supported housing. [http://www.ccooregon.org/2016/04/06/oregon-1115-waiver-renewal/]
5) "Endorse" the local LEAD effort.
6) "Support" others' efforts to bring financial literacy (finlit) classes to the poor (vs. making them go to a class somewhere).
7) "Collaborate" with the school district to expand finlit training.
8) "Develop" a "Landlord Assessment Tool."
This week, the Task Force also issued a flyer describing its committees and all the topics it's been dabbling in over the last six months.